Commercial Product Director (Adtech)
Our Client is a major player in the global media software and video advertising technology markets.
The Role of Commercial Product Director
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, the Commercial Product Director will be focused on product strategy and driving success in sales and marketing to achieve results. This person will be the owner of an entire product line and its most enthusiastic evangelist.
This individual will work with Engineering and the Product owners to Illustrate the vision and key phases of deliverables for the product. Together with the product owners and engineering you will define the specific plans, including roadmap, and budgets.
This will require a technical background to complement excellent commercial skills.
Key Responsibilities of Commercial Product Director
· Discover problems in the market by interviewing customers
· Make an assessment as to how the product or sales approach should be altered to be better positioned to win future opportunities
· Identify competitive and alternative offerings in the market.
· Inventory the assets available to you (technical, skills, services, patents, other) and determine ways that they can be leveraged
· Map needs with target markets and analyze the market segments to actively pursue
· Determine the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified market problem
· Determining how well the product is performing in the market
· Define the specific plans and budgets for selling products and services to new customers
· Provide market and solution information to support marketing events
· Maintain a 360-degree view of the product financials
Requirements for Commercial Product Director
· Successful track record of leading a product management team, with profit and loss responsibility
· In depth knowledge of linear broadcast and adtech markets and technology
· Experience with market positioning, business development, pricing, and competitive analysis.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and launch a new product to a new market segment
· Ability to develop strategic relationships
· Ideally will be a strong public speaker
· Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred