The Cloud & Edge Solutions Director position can be based anywhere in the US.
Our client is a major player in the world of video, security, and IP/cloud expertise. This is done in any format, over any network, to any screen for live, VOD and time-shifted applications.
Overview of Cloud & Edge Solutions Director
Our client is looking for an experienced cloud focused and growth-oriented, global-minded SaaS business / solution owner. The correct individual will have experience in leading product, transformational sales and overseeing how partnerships with the big cloud providers hook in.
This individual will be responsible for the roadmap and commercial success of our clients Video Network managed cloud solutions for media, payTV & OTT providers.
Skills & Qualifications of Cloud & Edge Solutions Director
- 5+ years in Marketing/product management/business development experience required
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably experience with SaaS software
- Strong experience in Compressed Video and Cloud Edge technologies
- Media & Entertainment experience is a MUST
- Knowledge of IP networking & datacenter / cloud architecture
- Deep understanding of Customer Success metrics and how to measure them
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must
- Experienced in building and influencing relationships across product lines and functional groups
- Strong writer and public speaker
- Excellent people and management skills
- MBA or Degree preferred
Responsibilities of Cloud & Edge Solutions Director
- Define a comprehensive portfolio of offerings for both software subscriptions for On-Prem or Cloud as well as Managed services
- Develop managed service offerings for 24/7, event-based or disaster recovery operations
- Gather business needs and requirements via sales and customer engagements
- Do deep market and customer analysis, to understand market trends and customer needs
- Build requirement specifications and business plans for new products and product evolutions
- Support customer visits and trade show activities
- Maintain and develop Sales and Marketing relationships
- Document commercial models, business case including pricing and positioning
- Manage Competition analysis data on a regular basis
- Work with Pre-sales and Sales teams on key projects